Our Story

How it all started...

We started to meet in the “Old School House” located between Trout and Cherry Streets and Emery and Dampier Streets in North Inverness. The first building owned was located on the southeast corner of Grace and South Pine Streets. The frame sanctuary was purchased from the Christian Denomination on December 20, 1902. On August 18, 1907 we held an organizational meeting with sixteen charter members voted to be known as “The First Baptist Church of Inverness”.

In 1960, a building drive was started to raise money and the goal was reached in September 1961. Plans were made for construction of an additional educational building and a new sanctuary. The remainder of this building program was financed through the sale of bonds. The old A&P Grocery store was purchased in December 1986 and remodeled into a fellowship building.

“Catch the Vision! Possess the Land” started in August of 1999 when the church purchased 50 acres located off Pleasant Grove Road. Citrus Memorial Health System purchased the downtown church facility in February of 2002 and allowed us to use the facilities through 2006. Beginning in April of 2003, the church, with the assistance of LifeWay, started the “Together We Build” Capital Campaign Fund Raising initiative. We started construction on December 16, 2004 and moved into our new facilities on December 17, 2006.

Expanding the vision...

Type your new text here.

Where we are headed...


Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together at 10:30 a.m.